Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween.  I just love Halloween, I decorate my house at the beginning of September so I can enjoy them longer!  It is my favorite occasion to decorate my house in...yes I like it even better than Christmas.  LOL 
I also just these little monsters.  They are sooooo cute!  They also make me smile when I look at them.  Haha.  I like to color or paint so when I first seem this stamp set I knew I wanted to color them with my Blending pen. 
This is very easy to do but it does take a little practice ...just like anything else.  You can see the blending pen here
First off I stamp my image with Black Archival Ink.  This will not bleed when you use the blending pen with it.  If you use just regular dye based ink your ink will bleed into your coloring and you will have a mess.  So, use archival ink.  Staz On would work too.  For the color I take the Gypsy (or any other color I am working with) and squeeze the ink pad together to transfer some of the ink to the lid of the ink pad.  Then with my blending brush I pick up a small amount of ink from the lid of the ink pad and start coloring my image working from the outside towards the inside.  Then I pick up more color and continue the process until I am satisfied with the coloring.  To clean my blending brush swipe it on scrap paper until no more color comes off the tip and then you are good to use it on another color.  This will take some practice as the amount of ink you pick up will determine how dark your coloring is...if that makes sense?  So to get your shading right you will have to practice...but do not give up...it works great! 
Anyhow here is the items I used for the cards...All supplies are from Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted. 

Let's Party Clear Card:
Clear Card Z1309
Hooligans Paper Packet X7129B
Party Animal Stamp Set D1437
Black Ribbon
Blending Pen #3174
Pear, Gypsy and Sunset Ink
Nesties Circle and Scalloped Circle
Corner Rounder #Z578
Black Archival Ink #4475

Party Animal:
Hooligans Paper Packet X7129B
Party Animal Stamp set D1437
Black Ribbon
My Legacy Writer Black Pen #4275
Black Archival Ink #4475
Blending Pen #3174
Pear, Gypsy and Sunset Ink
Martha Stewart Spider Web Punch

Waving Monster:
Same supplies are above but also includes the Nesties Circles and Inverted Circles 

1 comment: