Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sympathy Card made with Pemberley Papers

_3186960 pemberley butterfly sympathy card (Small)

It seems like forever since I posted a card.  :)

I did a few things to give visual interest to this card. First I used an Embossing folder to emboss the white layer on the front. I then went around the edge of it with my finger dauber and Outdoor denim ink. This outlines the white on white I had going. I punched a couple of flowers out of cardstock and added a butterfly as a third element. I only glued the body of the butterfly down so I could bend the wings to make it look like it was flying.

Another thing I did was use the Art Philosophy cricut cartridge to cut out the focal point frame. I used the Shape7 Image at size 2 ¼ in white and then the layer function in Outdoor denim at the same size. I added some brads in the little holes on the side to hold it together.

One last thing I did is a little hard to see in a photo but on the patterned paper I used a little dab of liquid glass on the brown dots. When it dries you will feel little spots of raised clear dots.

 

All supplies are from Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted:

Z1686 Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge

X7148B Pemberley Paper Packet

Colors are White daisy, Outdoor Denim, Indian Corn Blue, Desert Sand and Bamboo

C1486 Lucy Stamp Set

D1476 Card Chatter Sympathy

Z2130 Indian Corn Blue Ink

Z2140 Outdoor Denim Ink

Finger Dauber

Z679 Liquid Glass

White Embroidery Floss

Blue Buttons

Blue Ribbon

Bamboo Brads

Argyle Cuttlebug Embossing Folder

EK Success Flower Punch

 

Thanks for stopping by…

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment