Sunday, April 15, 2012

My Toopie…

_2056641 my toopie (Medium)

I knew I had a couple of 5x7 photos that I wanted to use so I went looking through my CTMH Sketch books and came across the sketch Jazzy Combination in the Imagine book. I used the basic sketch but I tweaked it to make it more my style.

I used the Pemberley paper packet as well with the general colors that coordinate to the paper but I also wanted to use a little bit of Sunset as it was the color of Goofy…or I mean Toopie’s shirt. LOL

For the embellishments I used the Color Ready Garden shapes and colored them with desert sand, then highlighted them with Bronze Glitz Glitter Gel. I really like this stuff. It goes on fine using the micro tip and you can spread it around with the same tip. I also left a little spot to either place a sparkle or a pearl.

I used liquid glass on all the dots in the background and Texture paper. Just a subtle little bit but it does look really nice in person.

Another thing I did was to make my title from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge but I want to weld the letters together so they are one piece instead of individual letters. To do this I went to the cricut website and downloaded their FREE program called Cricut Craft Room. You can do some pretty cool things there. You need to hook your circuit up to your computer and once that is done you can start playing. OMG…try it out for yourself is all I can say.

_2056643 detail (Small)

One last thing I did was I made the scalloped border with the corner rounder. I took off the guide that goes around the punch so I can punch a strip instead of a corner. I turned the punch over to the backside so I can see and punched starting at one side making sure to line up the little V at the bottom of the punch where your corner would normally go. Then I moved the punch over so I could just see where the last punch was made then moved it just a little farther, maybe an 1/8 of an inch, really guessing at the distance then punched again. I continued on doing this for the length of the paper. I think it turned out beautiful!

 

All Supplies are from Close To My Heart:

9030 Imagine Scrapbooking Program Sketch Jazzy Combination

X7148B Pemberley Paper Packet

X5903 Sky Cardstock (Light Blue Shade Pack)

1301 Bamboo Cardstock

1275 Outdoor Denim Cardstock

1273 Desert Sand Cardstock

X5758 Sunset Cardstock

D1464 Card Chatter Love Stamp Set

D1386 Save The Date English Stamp Set

Z2118 Desert Sand Exclusive Ink

Z2140 Outdoor Denim Exclusive Ink

Z1718 Color Ready Garden Wooden Shapes

Z1710 Just Blooms Paper Shapes Paradise Flowers

Z1333 Opaques Mocha Pearls

Z1327 Sparkles Blue & Green Assortment

Z679 Liquid Glass

Z1483 Glitz Bronze Glitter Gel

Z1686 Cricut Art Philosophy Collection

Z578 Corner rounder

Z1363 Outdoor Denim Brads (Blue Assortment)

Z1338 Sunset Mini Medleys

Z726 Sponge Dauber

Z1151 3D Foam Tape

Thanks for stopping by…

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment