Wednesday, December 14, 2011

December Blog Hop - Stickease

_C036038 Season of wonder blog hop (Medium) 
Welcome! If you have come from  Jennifer’s blog you are on the right track. 
It has been awhile since I participated in a blog hop!  I so miss doing them.  I hope to get back to participating each month for the winter at least.  This month we are featuring My Stickease.  These are heavy weight stickers that coordinate with the my reflections Paper Packet from Close To My Heart. 
I have to admit that I was not really a fan of stickers.  When i first started scrapbooking many years ago, a consultant from another company encouraged me to place stickers randomly around my cropped and cut up photos. And these stickers had nothing to do with the theme of the page either.  But that was how she taught her classes.  Needless to say I only took ONE class like that.  But it turned me off of stickers for years.  It is only in the last couple of years that I started looking at the My Stickease that coordinated with the papers from Close To My Heart.  They match the papers, they coordinate with the papers and theme of the layout and there are so many things you can do to the stickers to “dress them up”. 
On this layout:
I placed the sticker directly onto my base page.
I layered them onto cardstock
I placed baby powder on the backing to eliminate the stickiness and then popped them up with foam dots
I placed brads through them
I used a fine tip glue pen to trace the lettering or design then applied prisma glitter
I cut a scalloped circle on one side to have one flat edge to place against my photo mat
So as you can see there are many ways you can dress them up to suit your taste or design. 
_C036040 snowflake (Medium)
All supplies are from Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted:
Magic – Juggling Act Sketch
X7146B Wonderland Paper
X7146C Wonderland My Stickease
Z2124 Grey Flannel Ink
Colors are Chocolate, Grey Flannel, twilight, Spring Iris and White Daisy
Amethyst Bigger Brad
Foam Dots
Quickie Glue pen
Paper Shapers corner rounder,1 inch and 11/4 inch circle punch
Prisma Glitter
Finger dauber
Now you can continue on your hop by going to Luisa’s Blog!

Thanks for stopping by…
Laurie

3 comments: