Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Using Postcards on Layouts

_B105841 washington at night (Medium)

Do you ever take photos of places you seen on a holiday only to get home and find out that they did not turn out? That is what happened to me when I went to Washington in 2010. It was a good thing I bought a packet of postcards, so that is what I scrapbooked this page with.

While I was in Washington I also picked up a couple of brochures of the places that we seen. So I made the left hand page into a pocket page. That way I can store the brochures and extra postcards with the pages.

To do that all I did was make the layout as I normally do then cut the top off just above the striped piece. Then I glued that onto another 12x12 base page and only glued the sides and the bottom leaving the top with no adhesive so I can tuck my brochures in. So my title is actually on the back base page and the rest is on the front of the pocket.

All supplies are from Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted:

Passages Paper Packet X7126B

Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge

Passages Epoxy Clips Z1318

Mocha Opaque's Z1333

Olive Mini Medley Z1489

Chocolate Waxy Flax Z1088

Cocoa Ribbon

Thanks for stopping by…

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment