Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year and a Christmas Layout

_C036041 Christmas Time Believe WOTG (Large)

I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas and New Years!  I know I did.  I also enjoyed this fantastic weather we are having.  I did get to make a few layouts during the holidays too! 

I like the straight simple lines of this layout. Sometimes layouts get too busy and have too much going on and take away your attention on the photos. After all, we scrapbook to showcase our photos and story. So this layout keeps your attention on the photos first, then on the design of the layout. I will add my photos as soon as I get them back from the developer. 

Here are a few things I did on this layout:

· I stamped the Santa Image onto the layout with Archival Ink and then colored it in using my water brush and Holiday Red ink and Topiary Ink. My water brush was on the dry side so the archival black ink did not run.

· I traced the Dimensional Elements Stars onto my patterned paper, cut them out then used liquid glass to adhere the stars to the paper. I sanded the edges with my finishing files then finger daubered ink around the edges.

· I cut out my title on my cricut using the Art Philosophy Cartridge. Size was 1 inch.

· I placed the frame around the present.

· I inked our Color Ready Kraft Borders with New England Ivy Ink and attached them to the layout.

 

Supplies are From Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted:

X7145B Believe Paper

Believe WOTG Stamp Set

Z1377 Color Ready Kraft Borders

Z1489 Olive Mini Medley Accessories

Z1680 Dimensional Elements Stars

4475 Archival Black Ink

Z2135 New England Ivy Ink

Z2155 Topiary Ink

Z2127 Holiday Red Ink

Z1686 Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge

Others: water brush, Finger daubers, adhesive, glue dots, finishing files, liquid glass, paper piercer,

 

Thanks for stopping by…

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment