Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pleats and Pinwheels

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I really like the Roxie papers, and when I seen the plaid paper in the kit I knew I wanted to make pleats with it. This is a fairly easy thing to do. I took 2 strips 12 inches long and 1 inch wide each. I then scored the strips at 3/4 ‘’, 1”, 1 ¾”, 2”, 2 ¾”, 3” and so on down the length of the strip. I repeated this for the second strip as well. Then I just folded along the score marks alternating direction. Then I glued it down on my layout.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

These pinwheels were also easy to make. You need to start with your paper being square. So for the small ones I used 2 inch square paper and the larger one I used 3 inch square paper. I found the center of the square then cut the corners into the square about half way to the center. I did this for all four corners. Then I used a glue dot in the center and folded one side of the corner into the center on the glue dot to hold it down. I repeated this for all the corners then placed an adhesive sparkle in the center to finish it off.

All supplies are from Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted:

X7140B Roxie Paper packet

D1452 Find your style stamp set

D1339 Moments in Time stamp set

4475 Black Archival Ink

Z1377 Color ready kraft borders

Z1104 Sparkles

Glue Dots

Storybook Cricut Cartridge

Thanks for stopping by…

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment